High Temperature Hot Water: Study Guide to 3rd Class
Correspondence course for entry level or beginners working in a HTHW facility or MTHW facility regardless of high pressure steam plant experience. This is a study guide in preparation for HTHW license for a 3rd class High Temperature Hot Water engineer from National Association of Stationary Operating Engineers, NASOE. More details...
High-Temp Hot Water (HTHW) License a study guide for 3rd class High-Temperature Hot Water engineer: A Training Correspondence Course
This correspondence course will prepare you for the NASOE National Association of Stationary Operating Engineers "High Temperature Hot Water Engineer" license.
As a perspective student you must be able to qualify to sit for the license exam at the end of the course. The NASOE High-Temperature Hot Water Qualifications can be found here http://www.nasoe.org/HTHW.asp.
High Temperature Hot Water Engineer 3rd Class Boiler Operator Correspondence Course for NASOE License consists of 10 lessons. You will be quizzed after each lesson. Since this is a unique license program, many of these test questions are from actual work experience unlike state and city licensing boards that do not address HTHW. This course does not require access to a computer.
Download License Application
Did You Know: Industrial Training School is an authorized school and can process your reciprocal license! Download a (reciprocal) license application today! License Application
Did You Know: Industrial Training School is an 'accredited' National Association of Stationary Operating Engineers School!
The following is an outline for High Temperature Hot Water Engineer 3rd Class Correspondence Course for NASOE License (HTHW-03):
- HTHW Boilers
- HTHW Boiler Types
- Package Boilers: FT and WT
- Retro-fit Steam Boilers
- ASME Code Standards
- HTHW Boilers and Fittings
- Boiler Room Systems
- HTHW System (Boiler Room Building Loop and Distribution Loop)
- Feedwater Treatment System
- Fuel Systems
- Draft Systems
- HTHW Water Piping and Major Components
- Expansion Tank or Cushion Tank
- ASME B31.1 and B31.3 Piping Codes
- Circulation Pumps and Boiler Circulation Pumps
- Mixing Stations
- Fuel Burning Equipment
- Fuel Oil Burners
- Gas Burners
- Combination Gas/Fuel Oil Burners
- Stokers (Coal Burners)
Utilizing Waste Heat
- Measurement of Draft
- Mechanical Draft
- Air Heaters
- Gas and Fuel Oil Draft System
- Chain (Traveling) Grate Stoker Draft System
- Fuels For Combustion: Fuel Oil, Gas, Coal, and Chips
- Combustion of Fuels
Automatic Combustion Controls
- Building/Plant Automation Systems
- Pressure Gauges
- Temperature-Measuring Devices
- Flow Meters
- HTHW Water Treatment
- Boiler Water Conditions
- Internal Boiler Water Treatment
- External Boiler Water Treatment
- Debris Clean-up in Loop
- HTHW Boiler Operation
- Operator Duties and Responsibilities
- Boiler Start-Up and Shut-Down Procedures
- Boiler Inspection
- Boiler Lay-up
- Emergency Procedures in Boiler Operation
- Routine Boiler Maintenance
- Boiler Room Safety
- HTHW Operation Skills including Loop Distribution and Mechanical Rooms
- HTHW Operator Licenses
- Licensing Examination Questions
Math Level- Medium
Average Hours of Completion - 120 Hour
Course Degree of Difficulty -4 to 5 Depending on Experience
You have one-year to complete the course. You can request a one-time 6-month extension with a $50 extension fee.
Your license examination should follow shortly after you take your "Final Test." The license test must be Proctored. A proctor must be selected in advance by application and with approval.
Industrial Training School is a provider of correspondence courses to corporations, small businesses, universities, non-profits and government for their employees or sponsorships.
This is a flexible plan to meet your demanding schedule.